Join our Analytical Services Team in Cape Town!
We are a dynamic, fun loving team and we take immense pride in our work. We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our Analytical Services team in Cape Town and support the delivery of findings from our exciting and often advanced analyses to our clients.
The successful candidate will report directly into the Head of Analytics and be responsible for supporting our senior consultants in meeting our clients' high expectations for exceptional results.
Typical assignments will involve analysis of data from various sources, providing insights and presentation of results with key recommendations. The position may require travel to client and alliance partner sites in South Africa and the EMEA Region.
- Supporting our senior analysts in delivering excellence to our tier 1 clients, often involving cutting edge analytics
- Developing effective modelling solutions (predictive or financial), covering all areas within credit risk space (acquisition, account management, collections)
- Develop close relationships with project stakeholders - both internal and external - and have input into additional areas for development
Knowledge and Skills requirements
- Analytically strong with a proven track record
- Analytical software experience - working knowledge of SAS or other leading statistical software. Knowledge of R and SQL would also be beneficial, but not essential.
- A working knowledge of predictive models and associated techniques
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise with a sense of urgency and work under pressure to tight deadlines
- We are a learning organisation, so we hope you will have a high thirst for knowledge and a desire to grow and learn
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to work with foreign cultures
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Require at least 4 years in data analytics, with specific focus on data-driven predictive analytics and a proven track record in this space.
- Prefer experience in Consumer Credit and in Customer Engagement strategies
- Preferred minimum of BSc in business, statistics, engineering, mathematics or related field
Contact us with your Job Interest
If this role sounds perfect for your skills, experience and ambition and you'd love to join a fun and dynamic team at South Africa's leading data analytics company, then please complete the form below.