Join our Analytical Services Team in Cape Town!
The Advanced Analytical Specialist is one of the key individuals that will communicate findings from our analyses with our clients. They will be responsible for meeting our client’s high expectations on projects in relation to results and overall quality. The Advanced Analytical Specialist will also be required to innovate within the analytical space and showcase innovative solutions with at times limited resources.
Typical assignments will involve applying advanced predictive analytical techniques to extract maximum value out of data, applying the latest concepts in action-effect optimisation, providing insights and presentation of results with key recommendations.
The role requires participation in industry conferences and as well as travel to client and alliance partner sites in South Africa and the EMEA Region.
The successful candidate will report directly into the Head of Analytics.
- Execution and delivery of advanced analytical and consulting projects
- Delivery of bespoke or generic modelling solutions
- Provide best practice consulting advice to a wide range of organisations that rely on data to drive their business, domestically and internationally
- Provide day-to-day consulting assistance across multiple clients
- Analyse reports and strategy results
- Compile professional consulting reports and presentations for delivery to clients
- Develop close relationships with clients to identify additional areas where we can add value, often through out-the-box solutions
- Work closely with other departments on joint projects, such as sales, marketing, software and consulting
- Recommend and assist in developing new analytically focussed products
Knowledge and Skills requirements
- Strong analytical abilities
- Analytical software: good knowledge of SAS or other leading statistical software
- A very good working knowledge of predictive models and associated techniques
- A very good awareness of new tools and techniques within predictive modelling / data science space
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise with a sense of urgency and work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Demonstrate a thirst for knowledge and desire to grow and learn
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work with foreign cultures
- Ability to improvise and adapt principles into alternative environments
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- At least 6 years in consumer credit analytics, with specific focus on data-driven predictive analytics and a proven track record in this space.
- Preferred minimum of BSc in business, economics, statistics, engineering, mathematics or related field
Contact us with your Job Interest
If this role sounds perfect for your skills, experience and ambition and you'd love to join a fun and dynamic team at South Africa's leading data analytics company, then please complete the form below.